20 Minute Recipes – Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Dates
- 1 pound brussels sprouts stems removed, cut in half
- ½ cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 teaspoon iodized sea salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic reduction*
- ½ cup pitted dates, finely chopped
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup slivered toasted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Toss the halved brussels sprouts in the oil and spreads in single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the brussels sprouts are golden, and a bit crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside
- Let the sprouts cool. While they are still warm, add the balsamic reduction, salt, chopped dates, lemon juice and toasted almonds
- Mix well and serve warm
*To make balsamic reduction, simply pour half cup of balsamic vinegar into a small pan, cook over medium heat until syrup, then keep in the refrigerator until needed.